Christopher Sutton is the founder of Easy Ear Training, a music education technology company founded to make it fun and easy to develop your musical ear. Their leading product is Musical U, a membership site providing comprehensive and fully-supported training for the “inner skills” of musicianship.
Christopher studied Computer Science at Gonville and Caius college, Cambridge and Digital Music Processing at the Centre for Digital Music, Queen Mary, University of London. He has worked for Intrasonics, an audio steganography startup and Last.fm.
In 2009 a hobby project developing iOS apps connected with a passion for the power of ear training. He founded Easy Ear Training to explore new possibilities in musical education and help more people to discover the tools which can unlock their full potential to play and enjoy the music they love.
He has since created:
- EasyEarTraining.com, described as “the best all-round source of ear training information on the web”.
- Relative Pitch, a best-selling iOS app featured as “New and Noteworthy” by Apple and downloaded over 300,000 times.
- SingTrue, a fun interactive singing tutor, designed to help people learn to sing confidently in tune.
- Tone Deaf Test, a website and accompanying app which has shown over 600,000 people that they are not tone deaf.
- Musical U, a new and innovative online musical training system now helping hundreds of musicians to achieve their goals each month.
He has been interviewed about business, entrepreneurship and music education on the following sites and podcasts (in chronological order):
- The SendOwl Blog: about selling infoproducts online
- The App Business Podcast: about iOS app development and marketing
- Vocal Blog: about tone deafness and the SingTrue app
- Unstagnate podcast: about personal development and musicality
- Tropical MBA podcast: about entrepreneurial loneliness (and the solution)
- The Entrepreneur House podcast: about Musical U
- The Guitar Teacher Network podcast: about musicality
- Entrepreneurs in Motion podcast: about transition points in business
- The Guitar and Music Institute podcast: about musicality, ear training and Musical U
- Behind the Membership podcast: about starting and running a membership website
- Learn Jazz Standards podcast: about goal-setting and planning in music
- Music Tech Teacher podcast: about ear training on the go and modern musicality
- New Music Industry podcast: about musical confidence and entrepreneurship
- Passive Income Musician podcast, Part 1 / Part 2: About the ups, downs, twists and turns which led to founding Musical U
You can see Christopher’s full professional profile on LinkedIn.